Prestonwood Flag Lease Program
Our Flag Program also offers service projects for Scouting and youth groups that can financially support them as they assist with the set up and removal of the flags on each holiday.
Proceeds from the Flag Program go to the Prestonwood Rotary Foundation in support of many projects, including Prestonwood Elementary School, Challenge Air for Kids, and water projects for children and their families. The Prestonwood Rotary Club also hosts two annual award luncheons to honor local law enforcement in the Fall and fire and rescue in the Spring.
- Purchase the flags, display, store, and maintain them—it is all done for you. (The flags remain the property of The Rotary Club of Prestonwood.)
- Install a plastic sleeve with a cap in the ground near your front curb and mark the curb for the flag positions. No brackets or fixtures will be attached to your home.
- On each of the five holidays, deliver a 3’ x 5’ U. S. flag mounted on a 10-foot metal pole and place the flag in the plastic sleeve.
- Remove the flag, return it to storage and provide any maintenance as required
- Advise the install team on the placement location for the in- ground plastic sleeve to avoid sprinklers, plumbing, and utilities or electrical service hazards.
- Ensure that the plastic sleeve does not rise above the surface of the ground where it could become a hazard to lawn maintenance equipment.
- Contact your representative at The Rotary Club of Prestonwood if the flag is damaged.
- MEMORIAL DAY
- FLAG DAY
- INDEPENDENCE DAY
- LABOR DAY
- VETERAN’s DAY
Rotary Club of Prestonwood
PO Box 802084
Dallas, TX 75380-2084